A choice selection of shellfish and fish added to our Pure Shellfish Stock - if you love shellfish you're going to love this dish!
500ml Pure Shellfish Stock
1 Small Onion (finely diced)
1 Small Fennel (finely sliced)
1 Medium Maris Piper Potato (diced)
2 King Prawns (raw)
200g Hake Loin (filleted, pin boned and cut into chunks)
200g Tinned Tomatoes (chopped)
100ml White Wine
1tsp Tomato Puree
4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
30g Unsalted Butter
½ tsp Smoked Paprika
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
Fennel Fronds (chopped)
1. Melt the butter and allow to foam
2. Sweat the onion in the butter with a little salt until soft.
3. Add the garlic, fennel and spices and cook to release the oils then add the tomato puree and cook on a medium heat for a minute.
4. Add the wine and reduce by half.
5. Add the diced potato, chopped tomato and the defrosted shellfish stock.
6. Simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
7. Wash and clean the mussels and clams. Peel the tail only of the prawns and remove the entrails.
8. Add the prawns, simmer for 1 minute, then add the clams shortly followed by the mussels and cook for a further 3 minutes.
9. Once these have opened add the hake. (remember to discard any shellfish that have not opened once cooked).
10. Season to taste and serve, decorating lightly with the fennel fronds.