Pea & Spinach Soup
A fresh, vibrant and healthy green soup that all the family will love. A great way to get kids to eat green veg too. Why not get them in the kitchen this half-term and inspire them to cook!
500ml Pure Chicken Stock
200g Frozen Peas
1 Garlic Clove
25g Unsalted Butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter gently and cook the onion (sliced) without any colour until soft.
2. Add the garlic (sliced) and potato (peeled and diced) and stir into the onion for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the stock (pre-melted) and simmer gently until the potato is soft.
4. Add the peas and bring to the boil.
5. Add the spinach and as soon as it has wilted remove from the heat.
6. Season the soup lightly before carefully transferring to a jug blender, adding a little water if required. (A hand blender will work, but it won’t be as smooth)
7. Once blended transfer back to a clean pan to warm through and finish seasoning.
Tip: If you want to elevate it to a silkier finish, add 50ml of double cream and warm through, taking care not to boil.