Updated: Aug 25, 2021
A bowl of tantalising tasty goodness - a base of Pure Chicken Stock with fresh ingredients thrown in!
500ml Pure Chicken Stock
2 Small Chicken Thighs
80g Rice Noodles (cooked)
20g Root Ginger
3 Spring Onions
1 Small Red Onion (soak in cold water for 10 mins)
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Red Chilli
1 Small Bunch Coriander
1. Poach the chicken in water until firm to the touch. (10-15mins). Once cooked, refresh in cold water and leave to one side until ready to use.
2. Thinly slice the spring onions, ginger, red onion, garlic and chilli and chiffonade the coriander.
3. In a suitable sized pan defrost the Pure Chicken Stock over a gentle heat. Add the water and bring to a gentle simmer.
4. Add the ginger and garlic to the stock and continue simmering for 3 mins.
5. Slice the chicken and also add to the simmering stock.
6. Reheat the noodles in a pan of simmering water, drain and divide into 2 bowls.
7. Season the stock with fish sauce to your taste and add the red onion and spring onion.
8. Ladle the Pho over the noodles and garnish with coriander, chilli and a squeeze of lime.
You can make your own variant of this pho by adding other ingredients like radish and green beans or even finely sliced fillet of beef (the hot stock will cook it).